Trainee - Full Stack Software Engineer
About the position
ViSenze is one of the fastest growing A.I. start-ups and a leader in the development and adoption of image recognition technology. To help us build upon our success, we are seeking a Trainee - Full Stack Software Engineer who will work very closely with the team to deliver projects in the area of machine learning in computer vision.
The position reports to the Senior Software Engineer and will work in close conjunction with the product managers and along with the multiple stakeholders in the projects that the trainee will engage in.
- Collaborate with different engineers and product managers to deliver compelling user-facing products in a fast paced environment
- Write high-quality, clean, maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, design patterns, etc.)
- To analyse user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality
- Support applications and systems developed by the team
- Learn and share knowledge in a multi-disciplinary team and with fellow passionate engineers
- At least one internship experience (preferred)
- Experience in building web applications
- Fundamental knowledge in Java web services framework such as Springboot
- Fundamental knowledge in Database technologies such as SQL and NoSQL
- Good problem-solving and troubleshooting attitude with excellent analytics skills
- Exemplifies strong initiative and excellent ability to learn new things quickly
- Exhibits proactive interpersonal and communication skills
- Exhibits strong sense of responsibility and demonstrates good teamwork
Awesome To Have
Fundamental knowledge in infrastructure provision, orchestration and other tools such as Docker, K8s, RabbitMQ and Nginx
ViSenze powers visual commerce at scale with deep learning and computer vision. Used by the world's biggest retailers like Uniqlo and ASOS, ViSenze simplifies the way shoppers search and discover products; converting images into engagement opportunities, and making content shoppable. Today, ViSenze is acknowledged amongst top global AI startups by Interbrand, CognitionX, CBInsights, A100, VentureBeat, Datamation, eMarketer, and Forrester. The company has raised over USD34 million in funding to date from marque investors including Rakuten.
Ranked as top 10 tech companies in 2019 by Glassdoor in Singapore and an award winner of The Best Tech Company to Work For 2019, ViSenze offers a rare opportunity to join a thriving, fast-paced, multi-cultural environment and be part of a truly exciting journey of a pioneering A.I. company.
Visenze is also one of the founding AWS Global Retail Competency partners.